The Westone Guitar with the smiley faces and Benetton sticker

I haven't done one of these Screeching Weasel remembrances in awhile. But my friend David just asked me a question, and this came up. It is more about the nuts and bolts and really has no emotional content. The photo is from the contact sheet I have of the House of Blues shows that took place in 2000 and 2001. I am not sure which show this is from.

David: Hey John, you may have addressed this in your album videos, but did you use the same guitar for most of the Weasel recordings?

John: Up until Bark Like a Dog I used basically the same guitar, a cheap 100 dollar Westone I bought in a record store. I used that for 10 years, till it nearly fell apart. That guitar is in a personal museum at Jeff Spreitzer's house. I had a back up guitar that was a strange Gibson Telecaster, but I never used it. I eventually gave it to Andrea from The Manges. His guitar cracked on the plane ride over from Italy to Chicago. I gave it to him and it still had the setlist from the Anthem tour taped onto it. We played the same set at every show on that tour. It was pretty tight. When Screeching Weasel got money from Bark Like a Dog from Fat Wreck Chords, we bought a bunch of new equipment and I bought my brother's favorite kind of guitar, a Gibson SG, I also bought Ben’s Riverdales Marshal JCM 900 amp and half stack off of him. It still says “Riverdales” on it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vigilance and love in the face of what we hate

I Wanna Be Naked